Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Update on the Quick Hope Chest

I should be busy at home on the second day of the quick hope chest, but honestly could not find two days in a row for some time yet. I am frustrated by what this says about my life right now! I think May is the busiest month of the year, even considering Christmas. I finally decided that I just needed to get started yesterday and will finish up on Friday - God willing! I have to take my weekends on odd days, I guess. I did think you might be interested to know that I started, at least.

I began working at 7:00 a.m. and finished Day One when my husband drove up at 6:00 p.m. It was a long day, hunched over the cutting table, measuring, marking, and cutting. But I took a lunch break and stopped for a few minutes in the afternoon. Everything on my list is now cut out and marked and I got a head start on the fun. A few items are finished, including the set of bath towels, one set of appliqued dishtowels, the recipe binder and the fridge magnets (these are very cute!) A few items are more than half-finished. I also crocheted a dishcloth during our regular Tuesday night TV show. The rest of the items on the list are neatly stacked next to the sewing machine, awaiting Day Two.

I did have one COLOSSAL fail! The bleached apron project took an unexpected turn! My husband expects me to report this failure, in the interest of full disclosure, but it will require a separate post, as well as a picture, to explain...

4 comments:

  1. This is so much fun. Every one of your posts is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathleen,

    I do love reading your posts. Bravo for taking on the quick hope chest idea! It's really shocking how quickly marriage sneaks up on you, even if you've been waiting for what seems like forever! I'm 20 years old and have been working quite diligently on-and-off on my hope chest since I was 13. I'm getting married this summer and feel like I don't have nearly enough done! There may be a few days where I take a break from obsessive wedding planning and make some more household items :)

    Blessings,
    Hannah =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, congratulations on the upcoming wedding! You are making some lovely things and I like your recycled focus. Good for you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...